Sunday 25 March 2018

Worklore #14 : International Women's Day 2018

So, instead of reading about today as I always do, I thought I'd write on the occasion for a change, especially since some of these thoughts are often on my mind, in the midst of the male bigotry I frequently see at the workplace. Briefly, then, here are my top five reasons why we need more women at our workplaces: 1. They're more productive: punctuality, high yield, little idle chitchat during work hours, no extended lunches or mid-work breaks . 2. Parkinson's Law doesn't apply: The work usually gets done in the time stipulated, rather than the time available. 3. They're natural multitaskers: Juggling priorities comes naturally to them, since most of them have to do it at home as well. 4. Working offline: When women work from home, they actually work from home. And they're always connected, although they may not always respond. 5. Style: They have a natural sense of style, so they add that quotient to your workplace. There are many more (just as there might be many exceptions, as with everything else), but I'll speak about them some other time. I have personally learnt far more from women than I have from men over the past half century. Here's wishing all women everywhere a very happy International Women's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment